Saturday, February 10, 2018

Like A House On Fire*

There's a well-known episode of Seinfeld where Jerry gets in trouble for making out with his girlfriend during Schindler's List.

I couldn't help but think of that when attending a re-release of Andrei Tarkovsky's 1986 classic The Sacrifice.  The film is a contemplation on life, death, religion and the end of the world.

And right in front of me was this couple making out.  They were really going at it.  For a while I thought they might even go all the way.

I didn't bother them, because, if you're familiar with Tarkovsky, you know his films are long and arty, and occasional distractions aren't the worst thing.

*I generally don't explain my titles, but I know most people haven't seen this film, and unless you guessed from the photo above, it famously features a house burning down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter