Friday, October 02, 2009

Judging A Book

This post on Josh Blackman's Blog comparing the covers of two recently published book on the Constitution took me back to a time around a decade ago.

Cass Sunstein, now working for the White House, was coming out with The Partial Constitution and looking for a cover. Considering the title, I suggested he use Gilbert Stuart's famous unfinished portrait of George Washington. Sunstein told me I was missing the point--the book used partial not simply to mean "missing something," but also "taking sides."

I made another suggestion. He should plan a striking look for his name, and use it on every book, like a trademark. My particular idea was he turn Cass Sunstein into one word--"Cassunstein"--using heavy metal/gothic lettering, in embossed gold with blood dripping from it. He didn't even respond to that one. I still think it's a good idea.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah and make the N's backwards

3:19 AM, October 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And an umlaut over the U.

4:09 AM, October 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah and he could use it in his opinions

"Justice CasŠünstein, dissenting"


but maybe we're getting ahead of things here

5:31 AM, October 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter