Monday, July 12, 2010

Hung Over

The second season of Hung has me thinking the same things I thought about the first. Not much of a concept. A teacher in a tough economy and a downward trending city becomes a male prostitute to make ends meet.

I've got nothing against Thomas Jane or Jane Adams or Anne Heche, but the exploration of their characters' problems aren't too involving.

In fact, the main reason I check out the show is that some of it's shot in my hometown Detroit. For example, the season premiere was shot at the DIA, and even had the characters discuss its famed Diego Rivera murals.

1 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

One of the creators was on NPR a few months back. She was discussing the idea that the show is really about female sexuality and self-identity, and Thomas Jane's character really is just a foil for those. Other than finding Anne Heche's character annoying, I rather enjoy the show. Particularly the episodes with the Israeli neighbor. She's hotter than the rest of the cast combined.

7:58 AM, July 12, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter